December 12, 2012

favorite things i'm loving at the moment...

Hello Lovelies! Happy Wednesday!

Some randomness on Little Miss Cornucopia today. I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite things with you--it might just be fun for me, but I love all these things so much that I just can't help but share!

1- Favorite Things Christmas Swap 2012 - a fancy holiday gift exchange organized by these two gals.
This little package, from the lovely Miss Sara (blogger extraordinaire at Life in out of a lab coat) arrived in my mailbox the other day and immediately brought a smile to my face:


Packed full of holiday treats, no doubt! Here's what was inside:

-The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Hand Cream + Shea Lip Butter #smoothassilk
-Sephora Makeup Palette (my very 1st item from Sephora!) #howdoilivewithoutyou
-Sally Hansen -#440 In The Spotlight nail color #iheartglitter
-Handmade Soaps #smelldivine
-Absolut Vodka #perfectmix
-Chocolate - Bailey's + Reese Tree + Aero Peppermint Tree + Hershey's Candy Cane #love


Sara's package was absolutely perfect in every way! I love each and every single item.

2- The Nutcracker - Over the weekend, I took my little "Taste Tester" to the ballet for the first time. With our tickets in hand, cheeks rosy red from the cold and our coats buttoned up to our chins, we entered the theatre with a sense of wonder. We were both so enchanted by this magical holiday performance. #classic
Photo courtesy of the Alberta Ballet's online event listings page
3- Christmas Movies - My little "Taste Tester" and I have certainly enjoyed quite a variety of holiday movies so far this month:
Our list of movies, so far, has included: All I Want For Christmas, Elf, Miracle On 34th Street, The Polar Express, To Grandmother's House We Go, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, Home Alone, Unaccompanied Minors, and Christmas With The Cranks.

And, there's still 13 days left until Christmas! #imagine

4- Jenny's 25 Days of Blogging Christmas Challenge

Day 11: Favorite Christmas Tradition-on Day 7 of this challenge, I mentioned that my most memorable Christmas (es) involved my Uncle Dave dressing up as Santa Claus and passing out gifts to all the children.
Before the gifts were handed out, each of us children would have to perform a "special talent" on stage in front of everyone. I loved singing, yet I was always so nervous to perform in front of a crowd, even my own family.
This is how I imagined it!
This is what I really wanted to be doing instead:

Family, love, laughter, homegrown talent, gifts, music, and a delicious feast became the perfect Christmas tradition for the entire family, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa who made it all possible. #familyfirst #timeofmylife

Day 12: Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags - Personally, I love unwrapping gifts that are wrapped in paper. They're so much more fun to open (yes, I'm still a child when it comes to stuff like that :P)



On the otherhand, when gifting to an adult, or for large presents, I prefer using gift bags - plus, they can be reused #3R's - but for children, I usually always use wrapping paper.

-What's something you've been loving lately?
-What's your favorite Christmas movie?
-Have you ever been to the ballet?
-Choose a day from the Christmas blogging Challenge & share it with me

I love and appreciate all your thoughts :)

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing package you received. I'm actually quite jealous of all the awesome goodies =)

    I've never been to a ballet before, but have always wanted too! I'll have to add it to Joshua & I's list of things to do within the next year or so.

    Hope your having a wonderful week Maria <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Don't be jealous hun! Your momma bear sends you amazing packages like this all the time - I'm jealous everytime I see YOUR pics lol.

      Definitely go to the ballet - You'll love it Jessie! Your hubs will too, I promise :) My little "Taste Tester" was thrilled about it. Everyone should experience this, even if it's just once.

      Enjoy your week too sweetie XO

      Delete
  2. What a great package!! Love the little booze! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to the Nutcracker a few times and always walk away feeling happy!! I love Elf, and The Grinch.oh and Nightmare Before Christmas!! That goody box looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling - I'd love to go back and watch it again! Such magic and beauty, it makes my heart smile :D

      I've never actally seen The Nightmare Before Christmas (I know). I forgot about that one - oops. Think I may have to watch it now though :)

      Delete
  4. Love your festive mix! And hope I am sharing some Christmas cheer by letting you know that I have nominated you for the Reality Blog which I hope you will accept. Your link is here: http://carolynhughesthehurthealer.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/thank-you-again/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolyn! I feel truly blessed in knowing that you would consider me for this award :D

      At first, it wasn't clear quite clear to me why - as if it wasn't in the cards for me or that somehow I missed the boat. I discarded the notion that I don't deserve it and I soon realized this award is one of the greatest gifts of all.

      Of course I will accept this from you! I want it and I deserve it! What an honour!

      Thank you for your help in guiding me in a direction that is for my highest good! I trust and I enjoy! XO

      Delete
  5. So glad you loved your package! I'm just putting together a post featuring yours right now (and I loved it, especially the tea and the starbucks ornament!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thrilled with each and every item you sent me Sara! I really appreciate how much thought and effort you put into this :) #bestpackageever! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yours too! Thanks for all the love <3 keep in touch when you have a chance okay - promise I'll do the same XO

    ReplyDelete