August 24, 2012

High Five For Friday 8.24.12

Happy Friday everyone! I had a terrific week and I thought I would celebrate by doing something fun. I saw this High Five For Friday link-up on a blog called From My Grey Desk and I figured it'd be a wonderful way to capture a few of the things I've been loving this week.

1. What I'm Reading: I found this book at the library on Wednesday afternoon and started reading it on the bus on my way home.  
So far, I love this book...the descriptions of each tent and the clock fill my mind with magical visuals. Imagine these two sentences: "Arrives without warning" and "Only open at night, closed at dawn". My imagination is going wild. Have any of you read this book?

2. What I'm Eating: Nectarine Vanilla Cream with Raw Crumble Topping. Fancy! The other day I whipped up this super easy raw vegan peach crumble for dessert. Leftovers made a tasty and delicious breakfast the next day. I even like this for lunch while sitting outside in the sunshine.
Nectarines, macadamia nuts, coconut, maple syrup, coconut butter, oj, vanilla, dates, walnuts, and cashews. Oh my!

3. What I'm Listening To: This song is catchy. Enjoy!
4. Recipes I Found On Pinterest: my eyes nearly pop out of my head when I see recipes for things like Macaroons, Almond Butter Brownies, Zucchini Pasta, and Harvest Soup. 
5. Chinese Herbs: my brother came to visit me and brought along some of his favorite Chinese herbs. 
Chaga Mushroom, Rhodiola Root, Schizandra Berries, and Licorice Root. I've been brewing teas out of them, mixing chaga and licorice root, and drinking schizandra berry tea on its own.  I haven't tasted the rhodiola root yet but I will. Thank you Rob for these wonderful gifts! xo

Thanks for the link-up Lauren! Have a fantastic weekend!
Photobucket

What have you been loving this week?

4 comments:

  1. That tart sounds amazing! I'm so hungry now. I love nectarines! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is simply delicious. Check back in next week sometime, I'll post the recipe, just for you ok :)) Happy Friday to you too! xo

      Delete
  2. love those chinese herbs!

    Hope you had a great Sunday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, me too :) I've made some incredible teas with them. Thanks for stopping by Nicholl!

      Delete